Student Activities Committee
The Student Activities Committee is responsible for the planning and implementation of student entertainment and activities held on the Methodist University campus. This includes comedians, giveaways, Homecoming, Spring Fling, and movies.
Our Student Activities program has previously been ranked in the Top 5 in the nation by Campus Activities Magazine.
All full-time students are encouraged to participate in this open organization. Involvement in campus programs and activities is vital to a well-rounded education and directly influences students’ college satisfaction, academic achievement, and persistence toward graduation.
Our meetings are open to MU students and happen every Tuesday at 7 p.m. in the Student Involvement Center of the Berns Student Center. We can offer student employment to those who qualify so you could get paid to plan and work our events! Want to know more? Reach out to Gavin Myrick, Campus Activities Coordinator at email@example.com or a member of our Board of Directors as listed below:
- President: Hannah Snyder
- Public Relations Coordinator: Natalia Carey
- Marketing Coordinator: Lauryn Fisher
- Social Media Chair: TJ Daughtry
- Administrative Assistant: Cameron Hollander
SAC events usually happen on Wednesday nights. All SAC events are FREE and open to all students at Methodist University.
The MU Spirit Rock is located outside the Berns Student Center. The MU Spirit Rock is an opportunity to demonstrate Methodist University spirit for various campus events, clubs, and student organizations. The MU Spirit Rock is to be painted for various campus events. Requests for painting the MU Spirit Rock must be made at least five (5) days in advance. Students can pick up a reservation form in the Student Involvement Center. Rock must be reserved to be painted.
- The MU Spirit Rock may be painted by only one club or organization per reserved time period. Under some circumstances, special permission may be given to multiple groups, at Director of Student Involvement’s discretion.
- Utilize the MU spirit rock calendar located in the Student Involvement Center to reserve a time slot. Reservations are first come, first serve. Minimum reservation of two (2) days, maximum of five (5). The MU Spirit Rock may be painted starting at 5 pm the day before the selected reservation time. (Example: Organization requests from Wednesday-Friday. They may begin painting after 5:00 pm on Tuesday).
- The group or organization painting the MU Spirit Rock assumes liability for any individual or member of the group/organization who may be injured or may incur clothing damage.
- Groups/organizations will furnish their own paint and supplies to paint the MU Spirit Rock. (Spray paint is the best type of paint to use on the rock; Plan for five (5) cans to cover previous design). Please throw away your empty cans by turning them into the Student Involvement Center or taking them down to maintenance.
- ONLY the MU Spirit Rock may be painted. Painting on sidewalks, lampposts, grass, pavers, or buildings is not permitted; otherwise, the group/organization will be held financially responsible for cleaning costs and any other violations to the Student Code of Conduct.
- All things painted on the MU Spirit Rock must be in good taste. Any profanity or obscene language and drawings will not be permitted. What is painted on the rock reflects your group/organization. If clubs, organizations, and teams mistreat the rock with profanity, obscene language, and drawings the group will lose rights and privilege to use the rock and could be sanctioned under violations of the Student Code of Conduct.
- The following weeks and dates of signature university events are not available for reservations- New Student Orientation, College Panhellenic Council Recruitment Week, Greek Week, Play 4 Kay Weekend, Homecoming Week, and Graduation.
This is a wonderful way to demonstrate spirit at MU! Please keep in mind that safety comes first and painting the rock is a privilege. If clubs, organizations, and teams mistreat the rock with profanity and obscene language and drawings the group will lose rights and privilege to use the rock.