Phi Kappa Phi
Phi Kappa Phi (ΦKΦ) is a national honor society established in 1897 to recognize and promote academic excellence in all disciplines of higher education. Phi Kappa Phi is the oldest, largest, and most selective of all such honor societies. The Methodist University chapter of Phi Kappa Phi was installed on February 16, 2017, becoming the tenth chapter in North Carolina.
- Membership is by invitation only.
- Juniors must be in the top 7.5% of their class and have completed at least 24 credits in residency at Methodist University (minimum of 72 credits overall).
- Seniors must be in the top 10% of their class, have completed at least 24 credits in residency at Methodist University, have been enrolled for at least three full semesters, and have 93 credits overall.
- Graduate students must have completed at least 18 graduate credits at Methodist University and rank in the top 10% of their class.
- Faculty, professional staff, and alumni who achieve scholarly distinction may also be eligible (by invitation from the chapter).
- Meredith Gronski, O.T.D., O.T.R./L.
Director, Occupational Therapy Program
Assistant Professor of Occupational Therapy
- Stacia Hall Thompson, P.T., D.P.T.
Associate Professor of Physical Therapy
Director of Clinical Education
- Karma Choi
Student Vice President
- Kevin Swift, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Mass Communications
- Rhonda Harris, M.S.A.
Director of Payroll
- George Hendricks, Ph.D.
Public Relations Co-Chair
Senior Director for Community Affairs
- Vilas Tonape, M.F.A.
Public Relations Co-Chair
Associate Professor of Art
- Javier Pabón, Ph.D.
Awards and Grants Chair
Associate Professor of Modern Languages
The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi’s Circle of Honor Awards Program recognizes chapters for their work in promoting excellence on the local campus and engaging the community of scholars each year. The awards utilize data already submitted by the chapter to the national office regarding yearly activities and initiation efforts.
Phi Kappa Phi Links
Benefits for Members
The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi offers numerous benefits and resources to assist members throughout their academic and professional lives. From awards totaling nearly $1 million each year, to exclusive discounts from over 25 corporate partners, we provide a wide range of exclusive benefits and resources to our members.
We invite you to make the most of your membership by taking advantage of all of the exclusive benefits and resources available to you.
Learn more about the benefits of active membership in Phi Kappa Phi: