Nimocks Fitness Center
About the Facility
The Nimocks Fitness Center contains a full line of cardio equipment, such as treadmills, striders, ellipticals, recumbent bikes, and spinning bikes, along with weight machines and an indoor track. This facility has a multi-purpose gym available for basketball, volleyball, and other indoor activities. Any reservations to use this space must be scheduled through the Campus Recreation office.
The Nimocks Fitness Center is available for all current MU students, faculty, staff, and alumni to utilize during listed hours. Access to the Nimocks Fitness Center requires a current MU ID card.
The Nimocks Fitness Center reserves the right to reduce hours during breaks, final exams, between academic semesters, and during the summer. The Nimocks Fitness Center may temporarily close each semester for special events and maintenance purposes.
Front Desk Phone: 910.630.7440
Current students, staff, and faculty members are allowed one (1) guest per visit. All guests must sign a Guest Waiver. Guests are not allowed to remain inside the facility unless the member who signed them in is present.
Guests under the age of 18 must have a parent or legal guardian present to sign a waiver for them. Guests under the age of 16 are not allowed in the weight area or on the cardio machines.
Summer Hours of Operation
- Sunday: 1 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Monday – Friday: 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Saturday 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Normal Hours of Operation
- Sunday: 1 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Monday – Thursday: 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Friday: 6 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Saturday 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Facility hours are subject to change due to student staffing trends. Follow us on Instagram @recwithmu for real-time announcements.
Fitness Center Policies
General Policies and Regulations
- A current Methodist University ID card is required to utilize the Nimocks Fitness Center.*
- Members are allowed one (1) guest over the age of 18 per visit. All guests must present a photo ID and sign a guest waiver.
- Users of the Nimocks Fitness Center must be 18 years of age or older. Anyone under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. No guests under the age of 5 will be allowed past the lobby without permission from the Director of Campus Recreation.
- All members and guests (i.e., patrons) exercise at their own risk. Patrons must report any injuries or broken/damaged equipment to a staff member.
- Appropriate attire is required inside the Nimocks Fitness Center. Shirts and close-toed athletic footwear must be worn at all times. No sandals, heels, or bare feet are allowed in the weight area or on the free play courts except during special events sanctioned by the Campus Recreation Department.
- No food or beverages are allowed past the lobby except water or sports drinks in closed containers.
- Locker rooms and shower facilities are available for all patrons. Patrons must bring their own towels and toiletries.
- Patrons may carry their personal items (i.e., backpacks, purses, duffel bags, etc.) around the facility as long as they do not hinder others from exercising and belongings are not left in high-traffic areas.
- Patrons may not use the microwave, refrigerator, or freezer. Patrons may ask the front desk staff for ice/ ice bags.
- Equipment is available behind the front desk for patrons to borrow, for which a photo ID card must be exchanged.*
- Lockers are available for patron use. Patrons must bring their own locks.*
- Campus Recreation is not responsible for any lost, stolen, or damaged personal items. Any personal items left unattended or left in the facility after closing will be placed in the Lost & Found or discarded.
- Photography/filming of other patrons is not permitted without prior approval from the patrons themselves and Campus Recreation professional staff. Personal photography/filming is permitted as long as it does not disturb other patrons or hinder them from exercising.
- Bicycles, skateboards, roller skates/blades, scooters, and any other equipment deemed unsafe for indoor usage is not permitted inside the facility.
- Pets are not permitted inside the facility except for registered service animals.
- Smoking, tobacco use of any kind, and e-cigarettes are not permitted inside the facility.
- Alcoholic beverages and drugs are not permitted inside the facility. If a patron is caught in possession of these prohibited items, the proper authorities will be notified (i.e., Dean of Students, police, etc.). Additional sanctions may apply.
- Excessive profanity, aggression, disorderly conduct, inappropriate behavior, abuse of the facility, equipment, or staff, and/or disregard for Campus Recreation policies may result in immediate dismissal from the facility. Additional sanctions may apply.
- Campus Recreation staff members have the final say in policy interpretation and enforcement. Failure to comply with any of these policies or procedures may result in temporary or permanent loss of some/all Campus Recreation privileges.
*Detailed policy signs regarding ID/guest policies, cardio equipment, the weight area/multipurpose room/free play courts, locker usage, and bike/equipment checkout are located inside the facility.
Not all rules are posted in immediate areas. If a staff member requests your cooperation, please adjust your behavior. If you have questions about a specific policy, please see a Campus Recreation professional staff member.
An MU ID card is required to check out any and all equipment. For a full list of available equipment, please contact the Campus Recreation office.