Methodist University offers the only exclusive private practice facility and 18-hole golf course reserved solely for PGA Golf Management students. You will never have to make a tee time!
Methodist University Downback Golf Course – a private, 18-hole golf course
- Krick Teaching & Technology Center – A fully enclosed all-weather center which contains four indoor/outdoor teaching/hitting bays, two Trackman launch monitors, multiple club fitting carts, and a club repair lab
- A 50-station practice range ranked in the top 50 Private ranges in America by the Golf Range Association of America.
- 23,000 square feet of putting and chipping greens with greenside and fairway bunkers.
- A 6,000 square foot Richard L. Player Center which contains a classroom, golf shop, and PGA Golf Management offices.
- The Methodist University Golf Shop is unique in the fact that it is entirely student operated. It is typically for upperclassmen and is a part of the work-study program. While you are getting some valuable experience in merchandising, you are also getting paid!
Methodist University is located in the Sandhills regions of North Carolina and convenient to many championship courses, including those in the Pinehurst area. Our world famous climate offers mild winters and year-round golf.
The Methodist University Golf Course has been named a GRAA Top 50 Private Range for 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019.
Practice Facility Videos
The practice facility at Methodist University’s “Downback” Golf Course is very special. We are the only PGA Golf Management Program that has a private 18-hole golf course and practice facility on campus for PGA Golf Management students only.
We are also a 6-time award winning Top 50 Private Practice Facility ranked by the GRAA.
The wedge range is situated on the south side of the practice facility. The wedge range is made up of nine 4 ft. diameter sand circles that range from 20 to 100 yards, focusing on improving the student’s short game and scoring averages.
Krick Teaching & Technology Center
The all-weather Krick Teaching & Technology Center holds the latest technologies, such as two Trackmans, Foresight GC2, K-Vest, BodiTrak Pressure Mat, Digital V One Swing Analysis, and a club repair lab.