The online RN to BSN Program is designed for current registered nurses who wish to further their careers by obtaining a bachelor’s degree.
Methodist University’s 100% online RN-to-BSN degree completion program will prepare you to build on your previous nursing experiences to take your career to the next level. Structured by educators with extensive nursing experience, the program offers flexibility for working professionals seeking to balance their work, life, and school commitments. You can complete the program to get your BSN in as little as one year.
To apply, you’ll need the following:
- Completed application
- Associate degree or diploma
- Unrestricted RN License
For more information on these requirements, see our online Admissions page.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.S.N.)
124 TOTAL SEMESTER HOURS REQUIRED*
Methodist University’s RN to BSN online program is designed to propel nurses who have an unrestricted RN license and an associate degree or professional equivalent to a multitude of career advancement opportunities. Through dedicated and experienced faculty, a comprehensive curriculum, and a clinical placement opportunity, you will gain the tools to make you competitive on the job market.
From course offerings that include a focus on health policy, evidence-based practice application, pathophysiology, public health nursing, and bedside care. You’ll also be able to choose a degree plan where you can decide on one-third of your elective options.
*RN to BSN students will be granted up to 38 semester hours towards graduation after the successful completion of RNU 3000, Transition to Professional Practice. The 38 hours are entered on the student’s official university transcript as Nursing Block Credit.
- RNU 3000 Transition to Professional Practice (3)
- RNU 3100 Tomorrow’s Nursing Leaders (3)
- RNU 3200 Exploring Wicked Health Policy (3)
- RNU 3300 Evidence Based Practice Application to Bedside Care (3)
- RNU 3400 Real World Pathophysiology (3)
- RNU 3500 Community and Public Health Nursing (3)
- RNU 4000 Research & Writing (3)
- RNU 4700 Professional Nursing Practice Capstone (5)
- RNU 4110 The Aging Adult (3)
- RNU 4120 From Menarche to Menopause (3)
- RNU 4130 Critical Care Concepts (3)
For More Information and to Apply
Visit the RN-to-BSN Program page on the Methodist University Online microsite.