Housing & Residence Life
We have found, and no doubt you will, value from the unique experiences that residence hall living provides. Our staff recognizes that residence hall living is an intregral part of the educational process.
Whether you live in a traditional hall or suite, our commitment is to provide you with a healthy, clean and safe environment.
One of the major purposes of the Division of Student Affairs is to aid students in making their time at Methodist a valuable developmental experience. The residence halls provide a structured environment for students to live, work and grow together while gaining from experiences that unite them. Research has proven that students who live in the residence halls are more likely to achieve a higher grade point average, complete their degree in four years, participate in more extracurricular activities, have a positive self image and go on to attend graduate school.
Three Year Residency
It is the policy of the University that, space permitting, all students who have earned 93 hours or less must live in University-operated residence halls unless they commute from the home of a parent or legal guardian. A local resident is defined as a person residing within 60 miles of the University. All requests for waivers of the policy must be directed in writing to the Director of Housing and Residence Life.
Our residence hall staff is here to provide information, counseling and programming for residents. By choosing to live in the residence halls, you will be at the center of campus activity, close to classes and dining facilities, and right in the midst of many social activities!
Living on campus is convenient, affordable, and fun!
Dates to Remember
- Saturday, May 6: Residence Halls Close for Summer at 5:00 pm
- Monday, May 15 – June 9: Maymester
- Monday, June 12 – July 7: Summer Term II
- Monday, July 10 – August 4: Summer Term III – Interships/Special Programs only
- Thursday, August 17: New Students Check-in Residence Halls
- Saturday, August 19: Returning Student Check-in Residence Halls
- Tuesday, August 29: Last Day to Drop/Add Classes
- Monday, September 4: Labor Day (Campus Closed)
- Monday, October 16 – Tuesday, October 17: Fall Break
- Friday, November 10: Veteran’s Day Holiday (Campus Closed)
- Wednesday, November 22 – Sunday, November 26: Thanksgiving (Campus and Residence Halls Closed to include all Dining Services)
- Saturday, December 16 – Sunday, January 7: Winter Break (Residence Halls Closed to include all Dining Services)
- Thursday, December 21-Monday, January 1: Campus Closed (All MU Offices)
- Sunday, January 7: Residence Halls Open
- Monday, January 8: Last Day to Drop/Add
- Thursday, February 1 – Wednesday, March 14: Fall 2018 Room Selection Process - Returning Reservation Fee
- Monday, March 5 – 9: Spring Break
- Thursday, March 15: Fall 2018 Room Selection Process – Selection Number, Date & Time to be Assigned
- Monday, March 19 - 23: Fall 2018 Room Selection Process – Searching and Selecting a Room