The Lion's Share
The Lion’s Share is a food pantry located in Chris’s House intended to assist members of our campus community who experience food insecurity. It is open for distribution on Monday and Wednesday afternoons, 1-5 p.m.
The Lion’s Share is committed to protecting the privacy of its guests and to providing food to those in need within our campus community. Therefore, guests will not have to verify income or need. We will trust that guests will use The Lion’s Share only when they have a need to use the service. We recognize that some people who use The Lion’s Share will have a chronic need for food while others may only have a temporary need that may not be reflected in a financial statement of need at a community food bank. We ask that individuals provide their MU ID for the purpose of data collection only. This data will be used to ensure that we provide the best possible services to you and are able to maintain the necessary funds and donations to provide this vital service. Use of The Lion’s Share will not become part of the individual’s student or employee record nor will your identifying information be shared outside the Religious Life Administrative area.
Want to Donate?
Items most needed:
Macaroni & Cheese Cups
Ravioli and Canned Pasta
Want to help?
- Volunteer to host a food drive to stock the pantry
- Volunteer to staff periodic information table in Berns Student Center to inform the campus of the mission and presence of the LION’S SHARE
- Become a trained Lion’s Share volunteer for Mon and Wed “open” hours
- Pray for this ministry to be an effective outreach to meet the needs of the MU Campus Community
- Volunteer to manage the data collection and reports for The Lion’s Share
- Become a trained ambassador for food insecurity and The Lion’s Share (to speak to clubs and orgs in the campus community)