Director, Legal Studies Program; Professor of Legal Studies
B.A., University of North Carolina at Wilmington; J.D., Mercer University
Wendy Vonnegut is an Associate professor and Director of the Legal Studies Program at Methodist University. She is the Prelaw Advisor for the University. She has served as the Chair of the Conflict Resolution Committee, and is an academic advisor. She currently serves on the Tenure and Promotion Committee.
Mrs. Vonnegut teaches Business Ethics for the MBA program for Webster University, as well as Negotiations, Procurement and Acquisition Law. Mrs. Vonnegut has also been member of the faculty for the MBA program at Methodist University, teaching Ethics and Corporate Responsibility as well as Business Law.
Mrs. Vonnegut has been an active member of the Fayetteville community, and is a member of the Board of Directors for the Child Advocacy Center, Legal Aid of Cumberland County, and is a Teen Court Judge. She is a member of the Board of Visitors for Campbell University School of Law. She was one of the 2014 Honorees for Women of Justice Awards given by Lawyers Weekly. She recently received the National Dean Gerald Wilson Award for excellence in prelaw advising.
Memberships & Awards:
- Member of Washington State Bar Association
- Past President of the Southern Association of Prelaw Advisors
- Member of the Northeastern Association of Prelaw Advisors
- Past Chair of the National Counsel of Prelaw Advisors
- Winner of the National Gerald Wilson Award for Excellence in Prelaw Advising
- Honored as one of the Women of Justice awards for the state of North Carolina
- Co-Author of the article The Legality, Morality and The Ethics of Police Use of Force, published by Jones and Bartlett.