Friends of Music (FoM) grew out of a need to provide a base of community and alumni support for the Department of Performing Arts at Methodist University. Over the last few years, FoM has been fortunate enough to help bring a wide variety of faculty-student concerts to campus, establish an endowed music scholarship, and present professional guest artist concerts and master classes. With your continued support, we can bring this excellence in music to everyone in our community.
The Friends of Music Guest Artist Series is supported by the Arts Council in part by contributions from businesses and individuals, and through grants from the City of Fayetteville, Cumberland County, and the North Carolina Arts Council, a division of the Department of Natural & Cultural Resources.
- Increase support and donations for the Friends of Music at Methodist Endowed Scholarship fund
- Provide funds for the Department of Performing Arts
- Provide funds for special guest artist performances, festivals, performance series and/or professional master classes
- Develop projects that explore important issues in music education
- Assist the Department of Performing Arts with the identification and recruitment of prospective students
Doug Stephens, Treasurer
Betty Neill Parsons
The late Jane Weeks Gardiner, Founder
Elaine Bryant Hayes
Margaret Ann Player
Donna A. Wiggs
Mary F. Wright ’68