Associate of Arts (A.A.), Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), and Bachelor of Science (B.S.)
The Sociology major consists of 45-56 s.h. distributed as follows:
Core sociology courses:
- SOC 1510 Principles of Sociology (3 s.h.)
- SOC 2530 Global Social Problems (3 s.h.)
- SOC 3320 Methods of Social Research (3 s.h.)
- SOC 4500 Research Seminar (3 s.h.)
Select one (3 s.h.) course from the following:
- SOC 4310 Classical Sociological Theory (3 s.h.)
- SOC 4200 Contemporary Sociological Theory (3 s.h.)
Select one (3 s.h.) Statistics Course from the following:
- SOC 2200 Applied Statistics (3 s.h.)
- PSY 2500 Statistics for Psychology (3 s.h.)
- MAT 2200 Applied Statistics (3 s.h.)
- BUS 2160 Statistics for Business and Economics (3 s.h.)
Select an additional 24 s.h. in Sociology electives
- HIS 2170 and HIS 3820 may be counted as elective s.h. towards the major in sociology.
Bachelor of Arts Requirements
- Foreign language courses in one language through the 2020-level or demonstration of competence.
Bachelor of Science Requirements
- An additional 6 s.h. (two courses) in a social science other than sociology (Economics, Psychology, Political Science).
*All students must receive a grade of C or higher in all core courses taken in the Sociology major.