Faculty & Staff Resources
The Well Can Support you!
Where to Find Us
We are located on the first floor of West Hall!
Our office hours are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday 8:00 am – 1:00 pm and 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm and Wednesday’s 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
The Well staff can answer any questions you may have regarding student mental health and wellness, social emotional learning, our services provided for the campus community, and/or referral options.
Our staff has a variety of interests that allows us to offer a range of presentations, workshops, and programming. Feel free to contact us to learn more.
You might want to refer a student to counseling services if. . .
- the problem is more serious than you are comfortable handling
- You are feeling extremely busy and/or stressed causing you to not have the time to devote
- You have talked with the student and helped as much as you can but the student needs further assistance
- You think your feelings on the situation or student will interfere with your objectivity
- The student says there is a problem but does not want to discuss further
- The student asks for information, resources, or assistance you cannot provide
To make a referral we suggest the student calls our office at 910.630.7164 or emails firstname.lastname@example.org If a student is having a mental health emergency, one of our counselors will talk with them immediately. We may come to the scene and may contact Public Safety. From that point on, Counseling Services and/or the Campus Police will handle the emergency.
Once students have met with us, they are our clients, and we are bound by confidentiality regarding our conversations with them. We may fill you in on limited details only with the student’s written permission.
Each of these resources will open in a new tab in your browser:
- HopeLine NC: 1.877.235.4525
- 988 Lifeline: 988
- SAMHSA’s National Helpline: 24/7 treatment referral and information for individuals dealing with mental and/or substance use disorders – 1.800.662.HELP (4357)
- The Veterans Crisis Line: 988, then press 1
- The Trevor Project: National 24/7 lifeline for LGBTQ youth – 1.866.488.7386