The Teaching and Learning Center (TLC) has created a Faculty Forum in Canvas to provide all faculty with the opportunity to communicate with one another. To access the Faculty Forum, go to Canvas and log in using your username and password. Once you have logged into Canvas, you will find the Teaching and Learning Center under Courses. When you have questions or want to share resources or best practices with your colleagues, visit the TLC on Canvas.
Teaching & Learning Center
The Teaching and Learning Center (TLC) at Methodist University strives to encourage, support, and promote excellence in teaching, learning, and scholarly activities throughout the university.
- Serve as a central location for faculty professional development in the area of pedagogy.
- Enhance the quality of teaching and learning through faculty-led workshops on topics identified by our faculty
- Demonstrate and promote effective instructional strategies and technologies
- Provide coaching workshops designed to improve student success and retention
- Promote teaching as a scholarly activity and encourage interdisciplinary dialogue surrounding teaching and learning
- Recognize and celebrate the pedagogical and research accomplishments of our faculty.
TLC is a department within Academic Affairs and reports to the Assistant Provost, Dr. Patricia Fecher.
TLC on Canvas
- Support for Teaching During Emergency Transition to Distance Learning
- “A Brief Summary of the Best Practices in College Teaching” by Tom Drummond
- “Making Learning Visible” by Tom Drummond and Kayln Shea Owens
- “Adopting Digital Technologies for the Classroom” by David Staley
- “How Do I Create Meaningful and Effective Assignments?” by Allison Boye
- Accessibility Options in Canvas for Users Needing Visual Assistance (updated February 1, 2023)
- How to Add a TurnItIn Assignment in Canvas (updated November 4, 2022)
- Embedding YouTube Videos in Canvas (updated October 14, 2022)
- Storing Large Files on OneDrive and Linking to Them from Canvas (updated October 7, 2022)
- Canvas Portfolium Training (September 2021)
- Using Microsoft Teams with Canvas (updated June 10, 2021)
- Quick Content Migration Guide from Previously Offered Canvas Courses and Canvas Sandboxes to Official Canvas Courses
- MU 5 Basic Canvas Expectations (updated June 23, 2021)
- Canvas Training Agendas & Resources
- Canvas Training Zoom & Recording Links (updated Aug. 7, 2020)
- Canvas Apps: Current Status & Instructions (updated Aug. 31, 2020)
- Canvas Training Zoom & Agenda Links – Fall 2020
- Cavas Training Agendas & Zoom Links – Spring 2021
Contact the Director
Patricia Fecher, Ed.D.
Associate Provost, Academic Operations; Interim Chair & Associate Professor of Education; SACSCOC Liaison