Show your Methodist University pride all year long with our authentic assortment of collegiate apparel – including Methodist University t-shirts, sweatshirts, gifts, hats and more. With sizes available for men and women, the whole family can cheer on the Monarchs in style in fan gear, every season. We’ve got Methodist University gift ideas covered, with options ranging from drinkware to gift cards. Looking for more than clothing and gifts? Our selection of textbooks, general books, computers, course materials, and supplies will ensure every Methodist University student is prepared for success. Call, contact or come into the Campus Store today or conveniently shop our Methodist University Monarchs Online Bookstore.
The Bookstore is located in the north end of the Berns Student Center. The bookstore sells new, used, and digital textbooks and has a textbook rental option. All textbooks (whether purchased or rented) can be purchased in the store or ordered on-line. Ordering your textbooks on-line, in advance, gives you the choice of picking them up in the store or having them shipped to a home address. The Bookstore also sells school supplies, MU apparel, MU gifts, Follett gift cards, and snacks & drinks.
Purchases can be made by book slip, cash, check, or credit card (we accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover). An actual credit card is required to be presented at time of purchase or you may pay with your phone app. The name imprinted on the card must match the name of the customer presenting the card. All book slips must be issued and approved by Student Financial Services at the beginning of each semester or term.
Monarch Access Program
Methodist University has a new program starting in 2023 called the Monarch Access program. This program allows us to provide required course and digital materials to students as part of a bulk buying program, ensuring all students are prepared with required course and digital materials on day one. With the Monarch Access program, all students begin the course with the same materials in the same format on the first day of class, creating a consistent learning experience both in and out of the classroom.
Students are automatically enrolled in this program if their instructor chooses to participate. If you are enrolled in a course that participates in the Monarch Access program, you will receive an email from email@example.com for further instructions.
The cost of the required course & digital materials using Monarch Access are not added with the tuition and fees during registration, meaning this will be a separate charge on your student account statement. Financial aid can be used for the Monarch Access materials.
Students may opt out of purchasing the Monarch Access digital course materials by reviewing the information sent to their email from firstname.lastname@example.org and following the Opt-Out Portal instructions. If you do not opt out of the program and drop the course after the drop/add period has ended, you will be charged for the course.
See the Monarch Access Frequently Asked Questions page for more information.
Follett ensures students get materials at the lowest cost possible by price matching against eligible competitors, Barnes & Noble and Amazon.
- The last day for textbook refunds with original receipt is one week from the start of classes or within 2 days of purchase thereafter.
- Textbooks purchased during the last week of classes or during final exams are not returnable.
- Shrink-wrapped text sets must be unopened, all enclosures (CDs etc) must be included. Software or access codes included with textbooks must be unopened. If the shrink-wrap has been removed, the set may not be returned.
- “eBook” textbooks are returnable if code/password has not been accessed online.
- We buy back textbooks every day at current market prices – books may be worth more during finals.
- Non-textbook items may be refunded or exchanged within 30 days of the sale with the original receipt if the merchandise is in salable condition.
- Electronic items such as Flash Drives, Headphones and Computers must be unopened if returned.
- Law & Nursing Reviews and Study Guides are not returnable.
- Gift Cards are not returnable.
A receipt is required for all returns or exchanges.
Hours of Operation
Spring Break Hours
The Spring Break hours of operation are 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
The hours of operation are 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.