To provide patient-centered healthcare through excellence in service, quality, and access to the campus community.
To protect and improve the health of the population we serve.
Monday, Thursday, Friday: 8 a.m. – 1 p.m. and 2 – 5 p.m.
Tuesday: 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. and 2 – 5 p.m.
Wednesday: 8 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Located in West Hall
(910) 630-7544 (Fax)
Health Center FAQ
How Do I Make an Appointment?
Medical care is available by appointment. Please call (910) 630-7164 or e-mail email@example.com to schedule an appointment. Only those seeking medical services will be allowed in the clinic. The Health Services center will not be accepting visitors at this time to protect our community.
What Does the Health Center Provide?
- Services provided by physician and registered nurse
- Acute Primary Care
- Referrals to specialist and/or clinics and hospitals as needed.
- Laboratory and diagnostic testing * .
- Prescribed injections administered.
- Health education:
- Physical exams for sports, travel , and ROTC
- Vaccinations *
- Insurance filing
*fees may apply
How Does it Work and How Much Does it Cost?
- No Co-Pay
- Insurance filed for lab services
Can I Get My Allergy Shots in the Health Center?
Yes, to receive your allergy injections in our office, we ask you submit the following items:
- A letter from your allergist stating that he/she will allow you to receive your injections in the Methodist University Health Center.
- Allergy protocol from your allergist
- Serum and dosage information from your allergist
NOTE: The Health Center requires you remain under observation by the Health Center staff for minutes after receiving your injection.
What Do I Do if the Health Center is Closed?
Students are encouraged to call 911 for assistance in situations when there is a life-threatening illness or injury. Students experiencing an emergency after health center hours and/or have called 911 should immediately notify their Resident Assistant (RA). The RA or Residential Coordinator will coordinate services.
On campus police & safety numbers are:
After hours medical attention centers:
Cape Fear Valley Medical Center (available 24/7)
1638 Owen Drive
Fayetteville, NC 28303
Health Pavilion North (limited hours)
6387 Ramsey Street
Fayetteville, NC 28311
Highsmith-Rainey Express Care (limited hours)
150 Robeson Street
Fayetteville, NC 28301
FastMed Urgent Care (limited hours)
150 Francam Drive #120
Fayetteville, NC 28311
The student is responsible for charges incurred at off-campus medical facilities. Transportation needs are the responsibility of the student.
Does the University Offer Health Insurance?
- Methodist University no longer offers an insurance plan to students with United States It is recommended that students have health insurance coverage.
- All international students are required to carry adequate health and accident insurance. A special policy is available for international students and information may be obtained through the International Programs office.