The Full-Tuition Music Scholarship
The Methodist University full-tuition music scholarship is a highly competitive, musical/academic performance and service-based scholarship is offered to students of exceptional ability and character. In order to qualify for the scholarship, the student must:
- Be a full-time (12 hours day) music major in the day program
- Maintain a high level of performance and service to the music department and university
- Maintain a cumulative 2.5 GPA average in all music courses (must maintain a minimum 2.0 overall GPA) and maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
The full tuition music scholarship may be offered to a deserving vocal or instrumental student. The scholarship may be offered for a total of four years. Students will be evaluated yearly to determine eligibility for renewal. The recipients of the full-tuition scholarship will be involved in high-profile performances and musical activities. These activities may include (but are not limited to):
- Special events
- Sporting events
- Music-related functions
The specific requirements (including performance schedule obligations) of the scholarship will be determined by the music department faculty before the beginning of each semester.
Applying & Auditioning
Full details on applying to the Music Program are found on our Auditioning page. All students will be required to demonstrate proficiency in sight-reading and take a brief music theory assessment exam. For details on auditions, including scheduling and requirements, see our Auditioning page.
Frequently Asked Questions
For more information about the Full Tuition Music Scholarship, see our Frequently Asked Questions page.
Participation scholarships are available to students, regardless of major, who participate in the following choral or instrumental groups:
- MU Chorale: Annual scholarship of up to $2,000
- Chamber Singers: Annual scholarship of an additional $1,000 if placed in the group
- Marching Monarchs: Annual scholarship of $1,000
- Pep Band: Scholarship of $500 offered after marching season
To receive more information about scholarships available in the Music Program, complete our online form.