Welcome to Methodist University’s dedicated webpage on Title IX Supportive Measures. Our institution is committed to fostering a campus environment that prioritizes the safety, well-being, and dignity of every member of our community. Through a comprehensive approach, we provide a range of supportive measures designed to address and prevent issues related to sexual harassment, assault, dating/domestic violence, and stalking. These measures are available to all individuals involved, ensuring a compassionate and responsive framework. At Methodist University, we believe in creating a culture that not only meets legal obligations but also goes beyond to create a community where everyone can thrive. Explore the resources and support available, and join us in building a campus where respect, understanding, and empathy is central to the educational experience.
“The Well” at Methodist University stands as a cornerstone of our commitment to providing counseling services in response to Title IX concerns. Serving as the location of the University’s Counseling Services, The Well offers a confidential and compassionate space for individuals dealing with the complexities surrounding a Title IX complaint. Our experienced counselors provide emotional support, guidance, and resources to those affected, helping them navigate the challenges they may face. Understanding the sensitive nature of these issues, we prioritize creating an environment where individuals can openly express themselves and access the tools needed for healing and resilience. The Well is an integral part of our holistic approach to addressing Title IX concerns, ensuring that emotional well-being is at the forefront of our support services.
Please inform a Title IX or Deputy Title IX Coordinator if you need any help getting assistance with any resource you may need.
- Campus Police & Public Safety – 910.630.7577
- Cape Fear Valley Employee Assistance Program – 910.829.1733
- CONTACT Crisis Hotline of Fayetteville – 910.483.7273
- Rape Crisis Volunteers of Cumberland County – 910.485.7273
- Fort Liberty Victim Advocacy Hotline – 910.322.3418
- Fayetteville VA Medical Center / Sexual Trauma Counseling – 910.488.2120 ext. 5482
- Pope Field Victim Advocacy Hotline – 910.394.7272
- Safe-Link Domestic Violence Assistance Program – 910.475.3029
- NC Victim Compensation Services – 800.826.6200
- Domestic Violence Women’s Shelter – 910.677.2532
- Fayetteville Police Department – 910.433.1529
- Cumberland County Sheriff Department – 910.323.1500
No Contact Orders
Methodist University offers No Contact Orders to individuals of the community who seek to avoid contact with another individual. No Contact Orders are a best practice among higher education institutions and Methodist has a long-standing practice of issuing and managing such Orders. Individuals who desire to have no contact with another Methodist University community member may request that Orders be issued in the Dean of Students office. Both parties will be issued No Contact Orders. No Contact Orders do not guarantee that parties to such Orders will not encounter or see the other individual on campus. Instead, their purpose is to limit the potential for contact. No Contact Orders typically remain in effect until one of the individuals’ graduates or until the Dean of Students’ office rescinds the Order. No Contact Orders are non-punitive and only become a violation of the Code of Conduct when it is determined that an individual failed to comply with the Order. Due process is not afforded to individuals who are issued No Contact Orders as the Orders are not considered prohibited behavior within the Student Code of Conduct. Furthermore, No Contact Orders are not a part of a student’s permanent records and are not displayed on a student transcript.
No contact orders are handled through the Office of Student Affairs. Please contact one of the following to get more information:
- Dean of Students, Dr. William H. Walker, 910.630.7030, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Senior Associate Dean of Students, Dr. Todd Harris, 910.630.7155, email@example.com