Internships represent an integral link between the academic structure of a university degree and an understanding of day-to-day operations within the golf industry. The PGA Golf Management concentration requires internships of all students and is conducted in accordance with the PGA of America guidelines.
Each student must complete a minimum of 16 months of internships in order to obtain Class A membership in the PGA. Internships are conducted during the summer months between the academic school years with an extended internship scheduled at the end of the senior year.
- PGM 170 (3-months) summer following freshman year
- Generally outside operations (ranges, golf cars, bag rooms, etc.)
- PGM 270 (3-months) summer following sophomore year
- Inside and outside work (50% in golf shop operations, 50% outside)
- PGM 370 (3-months or 5-months) summer following junior year
- At least 75% in golf shop (tournament operations, merchandising, etc.)
- PGM 470 (7-months) summer/fall following senior year
- First assistant duties
All sites are reviewed, approved, and coordinated through the Internship Director. See below to view an interactive map of Internship locations where Methodist University students have interned in the last six years.