Although Methodist University accepts transfer credits from accredited institutions of higher learning, we have developed Memorandums of Understanding (MOUs) with local community colleges to make transferring credits even easier for students to enroll at Methodist after attending a nearby community college. Our current partner schools include:
Methodist University’s Commitment to Transfer Partner Students
Methodist University will accept Associate of Arts, Associate of Science, and Associate of Applied Science degrees. All transfer credit must comply with the policies outlined in the Methodist University academic catalogue.
- Students may apply and be admitted to one of our community college partner schools and Methodist at the same time, granting a pathway for earning an Associate’s degree and Bachelor’s degree.
- Students may apply to Methodist without incurring any application fees.
- Students are guaranteed admission upon successful completion of the AA/AS/AAS degree with a 2.0 grade point average from a community college partner school.
- Requirements for admission to some major programs may require additional pre-specialty courses. Students entering such programs may need more than two academic years of course work to complete the baccalaureate degree, depending on requirements of the program.
- Students transferring from other accredited institutions who have maintained a cumulative GPA of 3.00 or better (on a four point scale) on thirty-one (31) semester hours or more of college level work at the previous institution(s) will be offered a transfer Presidential Scholarship. This scholarship program is applicable only to students enrolled full-time (twelve semester hours or more) in the regular academic (day) program. Renewal of transfer Presidential Scholarships is determined at the end of a two semester period and is contingent on the student making Satisfactory Academic Progress. Students seeking re-admission to Methodist University are ineligible to be considered for this scholarship.
- Students will have joint academic advising and financial aid counseling to maximize the savings offered when attending both a community college partner school and Methodist.
Transfer Credit Acceptance & Degree Requirements
- A maximum of 64 semester hours of course work will be accepted from two-year post-secondary institutions.
- Course grades of less than C will not be accepted.
- Students must complete a minimum of 31 semester hours of their 124 credit bachelor degree program at Methodist University.
- Students may take two campus courses, up to 8 credits, at Methodist while completing their associate’s degree at a community college partner school at the current tuition rate at the community college.
- Students admitted through our transfer MOU programs may request a Methodist student identification card and will have access to events on the Methodist campus.
- Students admitted through our transfer MOU programs and who have obtained a Methodist student identification card may have access to the Davis Memorial Library and be able to use the library computers for access to the library databases.
For more information about whether the courses you have taken at the community college will transfer to Methodist, please visit our Transfer Credit page.