Marketing & Communications
The mission of the Marketing & Communications (MarCom) team at Methodist University is to, with creativity; accessibility; efficiency; and cooperation, create a cohesive, mutually beneficial bond between Methodist University and its constituencies and to provide the general public and media with accurate information concerning the University.
What We Do
News & Public Relations
MarCom is the media and public relations arm of the University. This is a brief sample of what we do:
- Speaking on behalf of the University
- Coordinating media access to campus
- Writing news releases and feature stories
- Publishing a semi-annual magazine, MU Today
- Maintaining a Public Events Calendar
- Photographing the latest University events
- Administering the official MU Facebook Page, coordinating other University social media efforts, and setting social media policy for the University
Marketing the University
MarCom is the chief agency responsible for marketing the University. In addition to the marketing aspects of the functions listed above, our office promotes the University by:
- Designing and placing advertisements in a variety of media outlets
- Designing and maintaining the University Web site
- Publishing an Identity Standards Manual that serves as a style guide for all institutional publications
- Designing, proofreading and reviewing institutional publications before going to press to ensure they best represent the University
The News, Public Relations, and Marketing functions of MarCom are located in Chris’s House.
Located in the Campus Services Building (along with Public Safety and IT Services), Monarch Press produces a diverse group of institutional publications. Among these are marketing pieces, such as brochures, booklets, and fliers, while other printing is for institutional support, such as letterhead, business cards, and envelopes.
Forms for requesting printing, business cards, and supplies are found in the back of the Identity Standards Manual.
For departments in need of printer paper, please order through the campus intranet, MUNet.
Online Meeting Backgrounds
Bored with your background in your online meeting software (Zoom, Teams, etc.)? Click these photos to download and open your online meeting program. Google how to set up a background image in the software you are using. Now you can show off your school spirit in your virtual classroom!
Graphics for Email Signatures
Users can right-click each image below and choose “Save Image/Picture as…” to save the graphic to your computer.
Methodist University Academic Logo, One Color (Green)
Methodist University Academic Logo, Two Colors (Green & Gold)
Methodist University Athletics Logo
Social Media Icons