The Academic Support and Student Services Department offers the Academic Success Plan (ASP) to assist students who are on academic probation reach good academic standing. Students on academic probation will be required to design a personal plan with the Academic Support team to address their academic standing. The purpose of the Academic Success Plan is to design an individual plan and goals for success throughout the semester. The plan will consist of the student setting long and short-term goals, identifying various learning strategies to improve upon and determining which Methodist University resources are available to help the student be academic successful in the classroom. Once completed the Academic Success Plan will be shared with the student, the student’s Academic and Career Advisor, and the professionals within Academic Support and Student Services Department.
Students on Academic Notice must adhere to all of the following:
- Required to meet with a member of the Academic Support and Student Services department the first 15 business days of the academic semester to develop an Academic Success Plan for the enrolled semester.
- Meet monthly with a member of the Academic Support and Student Services department to review and check in on academic progress.
- Meet with assigned Academic and Career Advisor monthly throughout the semester on Academic Probation.
Academic Notice Status
*The status of Academic Notice is applied in accordance with the following student performance levels: s.h. = Semester Hours
Credit Hours Attempted/Academic Notice
- 1 s.h. to 29.9 s.h. Cumulative GPA less than 1.700 (freshman)
- 30 s.h. to 62.9 s.h. Cumulative GPA less than 1.800 (sophomore)
- 63 s. h. to 93.9 s.h. Cumulative GPA less than 1.800 (junior)
- 94 s.h. and higher Cumulative GPA less than 1.900 (senior)